Awards and Distinction
ArteSol has received various awards and distinctions relating to social technology, among which we can highlight:
- Accreditation to provide advisory services to the Intergovernmental Committee of UNESCO’s Convention for the Safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage, since 2010.
- Certification by the International Fair Trade Association, since 2006.
- Cultural Network Link (Pontão de Cultura) of the Brazilian Ministry of Culture, since 2008.
- Member of the Inter-City Intangible Cultural Cooperation Network – ICCN, since 2012.
Among the projects developed with the partnership of ArteSol, we can highlight:
- Mamulengo Project, World Bank’s Award for Innovative Social Enterprises in 2002
- Esperança, the Agreste Doll Project, Banco do Brasil Foundation’s Social Technology Award in 2005
- Eleven associations supported by ArteSol received the SEBRAE Top 100 award in 2009.
By Antonio A. Arantes | Member of the Board of Directors of ArteSol – Artesanato Solidário, Brazil
Translation by David Rodgers